Thursday

Another one done

Wow, Brock, isn't it crazy that we've finished three semesters of graduate school already? Well, I finished last week. You might be still be slaving away over some biblical text from centuries ago. As for me, I have spent my last few nights binging on sugar cookies and falling asleep in my comfortable chair at unspeakably early hours. Gosh, I really hope you are done with school.

So far, I feel like I've had a relatively easy run in my graduate program. Someone unlike me who hates reading and writing may have another opinion, but I enjoy the subject matter. It makes the very narrow focus of graduate school so much more bearable when you are interested in the topic. One caution I have for those considering moving on to pursue a further degree after college is that you need to be passionate about what you are going to study. Without that excitement, you are in for several long years of life.

This semester was filled (yet again) with such valuable classroom interactions for me. I have so much fun getting to know other graduate students and hearing about their paths in life. As an undergraduate at Drury, those enrolled in courses with me were almost always of the same age range. Now, I have the opportunity to learn with others who have quite different histories than I. Having this diversity in my classes has really been an unexpected bonus of graduate study.

But, yep, another semester is over, and I am one away from finishing my Master's. What does the future hold for me? Keep visiting, and you'll know shortly after I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment